Undoubtedly, this is the representative wine of our cellar. This wine is result of selecting grapes from the oldest vines. The liveliness of the Tinta del Toro balances its abundant fruit (redcurrant, ripe cherries and blackberries) with its milky base notes which hints greenery. The finishing touch is contributed by the barrel, which add a prominent character, including tobacco, liquorices and clove amongst others. It is a complex and elegant wine on the palate.
As a snapshot we like to define it as a wine with style and sophistication.
Instructions for use
An ideal accompaniment to jazz music and a casserole dish of game topped with seasonal mushrooms.
- Location: Our vineyards, a family inheritance, are located in the fields of the municipality of El Pego, with grapevines between 15 and more than 70 years old.
- Soil: The soil is composed of sandstone and clay, low fertility soil which is ideal for vines, with an almost neutral pH.
- Planting density; 1000 grapevines per hectare.
- Average age of the vines: 30 years
- Production: 3000Kg per hectare.
- Climate: Extreme continental weather, rainfall between 350-400mm per year and between 2600 and 3000 hours of sun light per year.
100% “Tinta de Toro”, autochthonous variety of Tempranillo. Highly delicate and fruity, shows the adaptation to the area, providing aromatic wine of high quality.
GRAPE HARVEST: Manual harvest with vine selction.
AGEING IN BOTTLE: 24 months.
AGEING IN BARREL: 12 months.
BARREL TYPE: 50% American 50% French oak.
SERVE AT: 15 ̊C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5% prof.