This young wine is 100% “Tinta de Toro” (a local tempranillo) and is impressively rich and full of flavour. Maybe it is due to the intense aroma of ripe red fruits combined with the floral touches which are themselves concealed by sweet notes of dairy curd. The end result openly challenges the “carbonic maceration”.
Instructions for use
It possesses a boundless deep cherry color with ruby hints – as is typical of this ancient grape. In the mouth there is an explosion of wild berries, particularly flavours of redcurrant and blackthorn, which teases the palate with such vigour that it makes this wine perfect to be served with mature goats cheeses or even with bitter chocolates.
- Location: Our vineyards, a family inheritance, are located in the fields of the municipality of El Pego, with grapevines between 15 and more than 70 years old.
- Soil: The soil is composed of sandstone and clay, low fertility soil which is ideal for vines, with an almost neutral pH.
- Planting density; 1000 grapevines per hectare.
- Average age of the vines: 30 years
- Production: 3000Kg per hectare.
- Climate: Extreme continental weather, rainfall between 350-400mm per year and between 2600 and 3000 hours of sun light per year.
100% “Tinta de Toro”, local variety of Tempranillo. Highly delicate and fruity, shows the adaptation to the area, providing aromatic wine of high quality.
GRAPE HARVEST: Manual harvest with vine selection.
AGEING: 6 months in bottle.
SERVE AT: 12/15 ̊C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13.5% vol.