The treasure of our cellar, exclusively distilled from Tinta de Toro grapes, chosen from the very best grapes from our harvest, kept eagerly and delicately in our own oak casks. The result: a delicious nectar in which the typical smokiness from the barrel is fused together with unctuous mocca and cacao. These flavours congregate brilliantly, the sweet ripe black fruit and the eternal memories of blackcurrant dance upon the palate wonderfully. It has a long finish, with polished tannins and lingering aroma with a reminiscence of Ethiopian coffee.
Instructions for use
It is a wine to delight and captivate the most demanding of palates, recommended to accompany grilled foie, romanticized with berry juices and raisins.
- Location: Our vineyards, a family inheritance, are located in the fields of the municipality of El Pego, with grapevines between 15 and more than 70 years old.
- Soil: The soil is composed of sandstone and clay, low fertility soil which is ideal for vines, with an almost neutral pH.
- Planting density; 1000 grapevines per hectare.
- Average age of the vines: 30 years
- Production: 3000Kg per hectare.
- Climate: Extreme continental weather, rainfall between 350-400mm per year and between 2600 and 3000 hours of sun light.
100% “Tinta de Toro”, autochthonous variety of Tempranillo. Highly delicate and fruity, shows the adaptation to the area, providing aromatic wine of high quality.
GRAPE HARVEST: Manual harvest with vine selection.
AGEING: 24 months in lightly toasted 50% American-50% French oak barrels, followed by 36 months in bottle before being released into the market.
SERVE AT: 15 ̊C.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.5% prof.